Wednesday, June 15, 2005

You scored as Emergent/Postmodern.
You are Emergent/Postmodern in your theology. You feel alienated from older forms of church, you don't think they connect to modern culture very well. No one knows the whole truth about God, and we have much to learn from each other, and so learning takes place in dialogue. Evangelism should take place in relationships rather than through crusades and altar-calls. People are interested in spirituality and want to ask questions, so the church should help them to do this.

Emergent/Postmodern
86%
Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan
75%
Neo orthodox
71%
Roman Catholic
71%
Classical Liberal
50%
Charismatic/Pentecostal
46%
Reformed Evangelical
36%
Modern Liberal
29%
Fundamentalist
4%

I like the idea of being a "Reformed Evangelical". I don't really know what that means, but I think I want to be it. I'm surprised the Holiness/Wesleyan wasn't my number 1 type.

2 Comments:

Blogger tdadpete said...

Hey Jenny,

You're like WAY Emergent! I came out Emergent/Postmosdern, too. How that happened to me when some of your young friends are Neo-Orthodox or Evangelical/Wesleyan, I don't get.

11:18 AM  
Blogger gavin richardson said...

i am coming to think that if you like 'conversation' in your spiritual life and are riding the fences on 'preaching' then you are emergent/postmodern.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home