Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The Mystery of Raisin Bran

I just finished a bowl of raisin bran and I am really confused by it. Why does it taste good? What about bran flakes is tasty? I'm also perplexed by the little dried up grapes. I don't like them on their own or in anything else, but in raisin bran they are really, quite delicious. It's like a surprise in your mouth because the raisins and the bran flakes have absolutely no visual appeal. There's nothing about them that makes you go "mmmm. . .that looks yummy!" But then you take a bite and sure enough--yummy they are.

I think I woke up too early this morning!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kara said...

I just spent a good part of morning reading your blog, which led to Jonathon's and then to Gavin's... You see where this is headed. Your writing is as beautiful as you. And I'm afraid that I have become addicted to blogging in just one day.

6:56 AM  
Blogger c said...

I'm 25 and have eaten Bran Flakes (or wheat flakes is what i call them) for the better of my life (fiber diet problems as kid).

Anywho, it behooves me why I enjoy the bland taste of these wheaty flakes every morning like you do. And least you don't enjoy Medimucil which is probably a good thing.

8:34 AM  
Blogger tdadpete said...

Hey Jenny,

Like Kara, I'm a new blogging addict--over at tdad.blogspot.com-- inspired by folks at Emergent. Thought I jog to your blog to see what's up. Raisin Bran, I guess. Hope you, Mark, and Gracie are well

Tony P

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home